Episode 079 – Teague O’Malley, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
This week’s guest was once Banana Republic’s Creative Director for Global Windows, though he believed that you shouldn’t design “into windows,” you should just come up with cool ideas and figure out how to put a window around them. He focused on dynamic presentations that would make someone turn their head. Once they turned their head, he let the product tell the stories. He also believed that creativity is “created equal.” When working on a team, he found that collaboration led to improved creativity and often they would just head down to the waterfront, wherever they were working around the globe, to come up with better ideas, and then they would take those raw ideas, go back, use them left brain and help whittle them down into what later became their window presentations. But this week’s guest also believed that creativity can come from anywhere. So whether it was store employees, at the various retail locations that he worked at, or other members of his team, every idea was created and treated equally.
Now he’s providing the community with tools and programs for wellbeing, including Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, Cultivating Emotional Balance, and also breathing classes to help people obtain a relaxed nervous system and overall wellbeing. He also creates walking Mandalynth installations, where you can actually walk through a mindfulness exercise, often at the Jersey shore, but also around the world.
Here, for your listening pleasure, are the Self Made Strategies of Teague O’Malley.
On this episode we discussed:
* How Teague climbed the corporate ladder at Banana Republic, only to discover that he wasn’t happy with where he found himself
* Why Teague started teaching Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction, while still at Banana Republic
* How marketing and mindfulness are similar
* Where Teague finds his creative inspiration
* What tools to use when you are faced with waves of anxiety
* How awareness and judgment effect your ability to focus on the present
* Why you should be equally happy with who you are, but also focused on growth
This Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was produced, edited, and hosted by Tony Lopes, REMOTELY (because we are obeying the COVID-19 isolation orders) in Philadelphia. The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Make sure you subscribe to the Self Made Strategies Podcast on your favorite podcasting platform. You can find us on: Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, iHeartRadio, and Spreaker.
Follow us on:
• Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • LinkedIn