Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 50:07 — 69.0MB) | Embed
Episode 073 – Kwame Christian – Director of the American Negotiation Institute and Host of the Negotiate Anything Podcast
In Episode 073, we sat down (remotely) with Kwame Christian, Director of the American Negotiation Institute and Founder/Host of the Negotiate Anything Podcast. Kwame is a bestselling author and a subject matter expert in the field of negotiation and conflict resolution. Kwame has conducted workshops throughout North America and abroad, and is a highly sought after national keynote speaker.
Kwame is the host of the Negotiate Anything podcast, and is dedicated to empowering others through the art and science of negotiation and persuasion. Kwame’s show features leading experts in the field to deliver the best-in-class content. The Negotiate Anything podcast has been downloaded more than 1,000,000 times, and has a dedicated and growing following with listeners in more than 180 countries around the world.
Kwame’s TEDx Dayton talk, Finding Confidence in Conflict, was the most popular TEDx Talk on the topic of conflict in 2017, and has been viewed over 120,000 times. His book, Nobody Will Play With Me: Finding Confidence in Conflict, is an Amazon Best-Seller and has helped countless individuals overcome the fear, anxiety and emotion often associated with difficult conversations through a branded framework called Compassionate Curiosity.
As an attorney and mediator with a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology, a Master of Public Policy, and a Juris Doctorate (Law Degree), Kwame brings a unique multidisciplinary approach to making difficult conversations easier. He also serves as an adjunct professor for Otterbein University’s MBA program, as well as The Ohio State University’s Moritz College of Law in the top-ranked dispute resolution program in the country.
On this episode we discussed:
* How to Negotiate like your business life depends on it
* Strategies to survive and thrive during the COVID-19 crisis
* The psychological aspects of renegotiating an agreement
* Why self-awareness is a critical skill for successful contract negotiations
* How to identify the barriers preventing you from achieving your goals
* How to lead, persuade, and resolve conflict with your team while working remotely
* Kwame’s branded framework called Compassionate Curiosity (what it is, and why you should use it)
* How to use negotiation to deal with a micromanager, adjust your roles and responsibilities, and advance your career
* Using the “Halo Effect” to strategically improve your career
* How mindfulness impacts negotiations
* Why your tone may be more important than the words you use
* How to leverage technology to be successful in online negotiations
* Strategies and tactics that you can use to get the best deal when you can’t meet face-to-face
* How to resolve conflicts with family and friends during a lockdown
This Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was produced, edited, and hosted by Tony Lopes, REMOTELY (because we are obeying the COVID-19 isolation orders) in Philadelphia. The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).