Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:09:18 — 63.5MB) | Embed
Welcome to Episode 071, with Al Zone, Executive Director and CEO of The Elmwood Park Zoo
Want to SEE something awesome? You can also watch this episode’s video, which was recorded live, with Al from the Elmwood Park Zoo (with some friends in the background) by checking it out on our YouTube Channel here: https://youtu.be/PDUWk3Hut6I
Don’t forget to hit SUBSCRIBE!
About Al Zone
Al Zone is the former owner of Zone Entertainment and joined the Elmwood Park Zoo as the business manager in September of 2011, and shortly thereafter became the interim Executive Director in January of 2012, after Bill Konstant resigned to focus on a career in conservation. The rest, as they say, is history.
With Al’s new marketing strategies Elmwood’s memberships skyrocketed, and revenue soared, which led the Zoo’s board of directors’ to offer Al a permanent position in May of 2012. As you listen to this episode, it will not take you long to see why Al’s leadership helped the Elmwood Park Zoo become ultra successful, and build partnerships with Temple University, the Philadelphia Eagles, and Chapman Auto Group.
About the Elmwood Park Zoo
The mission of the Elmwood Park Zoo is to foster an appreciation for wildlife and the environment that will inspire active participation in conservation.
Elmwood Park Zoo was established in 1924 when a local farmer transferred 16 acres and a small menagerie to the Borough of Norristown. Today, the zoo is owned and operated by the Norristown Zoological Society, a non-profit organization whose mission is to foster an appreciation for wildlife and the environment that will inspire active participation in conservation. Under the Society’s careful management, Elmwood Park Zoo has attained the elite status as one of only 230 institutions accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Zoo’s accreditation was renewed in September, 2016.
Visit the Elmwood Park Zoo (or to donate): https://www.elmwoodparkzoo.org/
ON THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSSED:
* How Al got the Elmwood Park Zoo out of debt and back to a profitable organization
* The methods Al used to get buy-in from his entire team to innovate the Zoo’s branding
* How Al studied his target audience, and what he did to ensure they were having the best experience they could
* What is Al’s past prepared him to reshape the Elmwood Park Zoo’s business offerings and exhibits
* The methods Al used to build partnerships with Temple University, the Philadelphia Eagles, and Chapman Auto Group
* How you can get involved in helping the Elmwood Park Zoo
This Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was produced, edited, and hosted by Tony Lopes, REMOTELY (because we are obeying the COVID-19 isolation orders) in Philadelphia. The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Follow us on:
• Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • LinkedIn