Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:28:49 — 122.0MB) | Embed
Welcome to Episode 067, with Jared Fenton, Executive Director of The Reflect Organization
Donate to The Reflect Organization here: https://www.reflecteffect.org/donate
Jared Fenton is Founder and Executive Director of The Reflect Organization (www.reflecteffect.org). While at the University of Pennsylvania, Jared produced the first-ever mixed-methods research examining the phenomenon of “Penn Face.” Jared has been honored by numerous mental health organizations for his work in the field, and he was awarded the President’s Volunteer Service Award by Barack Obama. Jared graduated summa cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania, with a BA in Political Science and a certificate from the Civic Scholars Program for Social Action and Civic Engagement.
On this episode:
* Why nonprofit organizations should consider collaboration to increase their capacity and resource sharing
* Duplication of efforts by nonprofits is inefficient and does not make sense in the nonprofit sphere
* Why psychological phenomenon of “imposter syndrome” is a global issue
* Why we need to create a cultural shift to empower people to be willing to engage in mutual connection and mutual support
* How college life creates a debilitative culture of perfection
* The Reflect Organization’s “One Caring Person”
* How to develop better and more proactive mentorship programsThe Reflect Organization’s COVID-19 Resource and Activity Guide (which you can find here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1P2FTSiDg9Md5J8sF388l9FjuJCRC3MypJUrkc6VyKLg/edit)
* Why you should consider using myofascial release therapy, or Yamuna Body Rolling balls to help alleviate your stress
* The Reflect Movement
* 1 in 4 college students suffer from some form
* And so much more!
This Self Made Strategies Podcast is a SoftStix Productions LLC jawn. This episode was produced, edited, and hosted by Tony Lopes, REMOTELY (because we are undergoing COVID-19 isolation) in Philadelphia. The Self Made Strategies Podcast is sponsored by Lopes Law LLC (www.LopesLawLLC.com).
Follow us on:
• Facebook • Twitter • Instagram • LinkedIn